Sunday, October 26, 2008

DOROTHY PARKER QUOTES




DOROTHY PARKER


1. It serves me right for putting all my eggs in one bastard.

2. “If, with the literate, I am
Impelled to try an epigram,
I never seek to take the credit;
We all assume that Oscar said it.”

3. That would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment.

4. Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair.

5. Oh seek, my love, your newer way;
I'll not be left in sorrow.
So long as I have yesterday
Go take your damned tomorrow!

6. "I like to have a martini,
Two at the very most.
After three I'm under the table,
After four I'm under my host!"

7. "I don't know much about being a millionaire, but I'll bet I'd be darling at it."

Dorothy Parker


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: